09 June 2014

Broadside Loot


Yesterday saw Broadside 2014 take place in Sittingbourne. Having a pretty stacked weekend, with jobs and visitors to the new house, I only managed a flying visit to make sure I supported this local event. I did have a couple of things that might be considered a shopping list, but didn't have my heart set on anything.

The Leisure Centre where it is held was quite busy and the main traders/gamers hall was downstairs, so you had to pass through the hellishly hot atmosphere of the swimming pool changing area to get there. Once in the hall there was a lot going on, lots of familiar faces and traders. I managed a couple of laps of the hall, as well as a chat with friends, before I had to make a sharp exit to go home and cut the grass before guests arrived (yay!).


As is often the way, I did manage to come home with a few things. First of all were the two items that I had on my 'list'. Army Painter Daemonic Yellow – spray can and bottled paint. This is for a new project that will appear on the blog shortly – it has been started but not much to show just yet.


Of course there is always the impromptu purchase and this time it was the TIE Bomber for X-Wing and some plastic movement templates. They've been on the long-term list for some time so I thought I would save some postage and get them while they were sitting in front of me (calling to me). I did almost purchase another 4Ground building after the success of the Saxon Hovel, but my restraint (and time) won the day on this occasion.



8 comments:

  1. Shame I did not see you there. Burt glad you had a good time and supported the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, alas I was there barely 30 minutes. I think we should support the local shows when possible, else they're going to disappear

      Delete
  2. Now what do you need yellow primer for? Very restrain Mr Reynolds, I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite restrained, but getting the spray can has saved a lot of postal grief so totally worth it. Yellow is not a colour you often see in a spray but it could save me hours! More soon ;)

      Delete
  3. The yellow is unfortunately the one army painter spray I have not had much luck with. It doesn't seem to be at the same level of quality as the others. I would suggest spot testing and then you may need to prime white first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh cool. Thanks for the advice – I will definitely try it first before committing all my models!

      Delete