07 May 2010

Friday Update


It's been a very busy couple of weeks with work and studying (yes, I've gone back to school – or rather studying at home). Aside from a spot of red paint on the new Assault troops, the only spare time I've had was spent on this fella!


As I mentioned in the last post, this piece was very well received and went together like a charm. I spent quite some time playing with the rusty paint effect. Starting out with the quick guide on the Quantum Gothic website (where I bought the scenery), taking bits from BSmoove's guide at Gentlemans Ones, and just kept adding inks and sponging on reds and oranges.


The base is painted using the same colour scheme used on the base of the Blood Angels, and I'm hoping to add a few more pieces like this – eventually a whole gaming table maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great mate! Quantum Gothic make some lovely looking stuff, I'm really going to have to get some at some point - that dish and the communication array would make great objectives.

    P.S. The Rhino looks great too, apologies for not commenting on that post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Andy.
    I must admit to getting rather quite excited at the Quantum Gothic stuff, and now I've bought some the quality of the cast and customer service is excellent. There will definitely be more purchases soon.

    ReplyDelete