13 March 2013

My X-Wing reinforcements imminent…



After my X-Wing intro evening with Chris last week the bright lights got me and I ordered some reinforcements. I got an email this morning to say that they have been dispatched.

This will give Chris an X-Wing, a Y-Wing and an A-Wing to choose from (plus the Millennium Falcon!!). I'll have 2x Tie Fighters, a Tie Advanced and a Tie Interceptor in my fleet. Should make for some interesting games going forward… and maybe even my first win!

I'm hoping that this will be the last purchases before Salute next month – bank balance won't support more – but we all know how these things go!


7 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I know the feeling. I am very tempted to order some of the new ships. They look great, particularly the A-Wing.

    Keep us informed how your coming games go. I am interested in hearing your thoughts on the newer ships. I have been slowly buying ships, but have not played more than a game or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know of a few people who want to see how this game plays before jumping in so rest assured there will be more X-Wing on the blog.

      My initial thoughts are that the rules are very simple to follow (compared to most wargames) but rather than dilute the game it makes it more fun and tactical. It will take some time to learn how to 'fly' these ships with any sense of skill – hence I keep getting shot down at the moment.

      Loving it though… and I hate to lose!

      Delete
  2. Oh shiny! Must resist though - at least for a little longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I convinced myself due to there being no painting required ;)

      Delete