28 November 2014

300k Page Views



It's good fun to acknowledge little achievements like these. Whilst the high-flying hobby gurus are racking up 500k or even a million page views, my little blog continues its consistent plod, recently passing 300k page views – very exciting indeed.

Thanks to everyone who has visited the blog over the past five years, it's quite a buzz to know that people are actually reading what I have to say and even commenting. Things have slowed on the hobby front as my time is taken up with other things, but my hobby enthusiasm is overflowing in spite (or because) of this.

The coming month is going to be an odd time as our baby son is due imminently. My hope is that the blog will continue to be my hobby outlet, although I may struggle even more for genuine content during this initial 'newborn' period. Whilst surrounded by all things baby-related it will be nice to have a hobby harbour to shelter in.

But what blog stuff is on the horizon…?

On the top of the list is to continue coverage of my Castle exploits. I hope to finish building the kit and have some images of the whole thing together, with miniatures to give people an idea of scale.

It would be my ultimate goal to get my gaming board done and find a permanent home for the castle – and paint it all – but I think this will remain a long term goal for now. This may actually be a blessing as TW have hinted at their castle gatehouse release in the new year. What an addition that would be. Very exciting!

I also intend to finish my Rulebook Design series with a look at some rulebooks that I think got it right, as well as a couple of classic examples to examine.

I'm hoping to introduce some videos into the mix and expand the YouTube channel. Obviously this will require quite some input so another long-term goal.

Needless to say there's no end in sight for the blog!


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the great milestone - I must admit that a number of those hits are from me!

    Good luck for continued success with the Blog and more importantly the arrival of your son and future wargaming opponent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul.

      Still waiting for the boy to make an appearance!

      Delete
  2. "High-flying hobby gurus", oh how I laughed, but very kind of you! Anyway very many congratulations on a spectacular milestone, you more than anyone, have helped to give my gaming a real impetus and I do hep that this continues to be the case. I look forward to hearing of the imminent arrival and wish you all the best of luck. I am struggling to dislodge a mental image of the young Master Reynolds sitting on the carpeted floor surrounded by castle walls as his proud father explains who roles first for initiative! :D You take care now, Michael.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're going to love the photo I've got for the blog then

      Delete
  3. I may have posted this twice, but I got interrupted! Congrats on the milestone, and the upcoming new hobby member! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the milestone mate! Here is to many more!

    ReplyDelete