05 November 2012
Forging a Fiend
With visitors staying this weekend there was not a lot of hobby opportunity. However, some progress was made.
The biggest task I face leading up to my next game is to get the Forgefiend into some sort of Nurgle order, so I set to with greenstuff. I have a painful habit of squishing bits I've already sculpted as I work elsewhere on the model so decided to break things down into section. I started with the right legs and armour and this would allow everything to cure thoroughly before my next greenstuff session.
I'm still deciding how far to take the rot on this model – understated as it is now or all out decay?
The main bulk of my hobby time this weekend was actually spent on a model I'm not going to reveal just yet. Needless to say I'm very pleased with the results and looking forward to splashing some paint on it. More in a later post.
I did get my next Champion rotted up a bit. To be honest his armour was almost there anyway so I didn't change much. He is now ready for an undercoat spray and basecoat – weather permitting.
Elsewhere I made progress on the troops, Terminators and Plague Marines getting their basecoats and in some cases a highlight or two (apologies for the out of focus image – it was taken in haste this morning).
So, as things are shaping up I should get one unit of Plague Marines complete this week, plus the Terminators and some other bits. This will leave me a week or so to have a go at the Forgefiend.
Take a trip over to Bull's blog where he has been discussing some of his Dark Angel dilemmas prior to game day.
Of course I have my evening of Malifaux on Friday. Seamus was built and undercoated over the weekend and will see some paint this week!
Posted by The Dark Templar