01 April 2015

Zombie Delivery…


A rather abrupt chime of the door bell broke our post-holiday snoozing this afternoon and I was delighted to see a delivery man holding a very large box with my name on it.

Yes, finally – after pledging back in July last year – my Zombicide Season 3 Kickstarter loot made an appearance. Of course I couldn't remember exactly what I'd ordered or indeed how many stretch goals they'd smashed, but I knew it was a lot.


Opening the box did nothing to change this view as I was seeing things I had no idea were coming. But like a child at Christmas I tore through the contents in seconds, each new item greeted by an even bigger smile and occasional oooh or aaaah. Before long I was drowning in shiny things.


A final count of approximately 230 new figures – including half of the cast of Big Bang Theory – and more zombies than you could swipe a katana at. I will possibly go through some of the key models at a later date, but they include Jack Bauer, House MD and even Gordon Ramsey.

Very exciting times, just like Christmas in April, and two new expansions waiting for us to get back to after our Batman distractions (or as well as!).

And while you wait for more, here's a rough indication of the basics in the box…





11 comments:

  1. OMG - That just looks completely sick! More hobby time required I am thinking, and thats just to read the rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I think this one's going to be a slow burn.

      Delete
    2. Oh what a joyous day! My has arrived too and so much of it that I may have to take Mrs. Awdry out shopping just to distract her from it! A great start to the holiday!

      Delete
  2. I'm jealous.
    No, it must be an first of April joke.
    I disbelive!
    I feel better already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No April jokes here, just lovely things!

      Delete
    2. Thats good.... for you :-)
      Looks great btw.

      Delete
  3. Mine arrived on Monday... such a joyful box of wonder! I'm still sorting through it all.. there's just soooo much stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very exciting and, as you say, will take a while to go through properly! Last Kickstarter for a while I think ;)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I need to try and restrain myself as I've got a few arriving this year (Kingdom Death, Shadows of Brimstone, Shadows over Normandie, Conan...)

      Really not sure where I'm going to put it all!

      Delete
  4. Kickstarter mini boxes are the best...you tend to forget when you ordered stuff, then studdenly, 500 zendrati pods show up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweeeeeeeeet! Mine's arrived too.

    ReplyDelete