28 February 2019

Collecting Kill Team Terrain


Preparation of the Kill Team board continues, as time has become generally limited to finish my team. I'll admit this is probably the most expensive route to go, but the hope is that I will have a decent set of terrain that works well for both Kill Team and Necromunda.


I started with the Ryza ruins from GW, which are relatively cheap and provided a good basis. I then bought in to the idea that I was creating an abandoned/ruined manufacturing zone, and things started to… erm, escalate. I love the look of the Manufactorum (above in grey plastic) and it would also bring height to the table (which is always a double edged sword!).

By this point I was bitten by the terrain bug. I have always loved the Armoured Containers, and they would be perfect for my setting, so they were next on my shopping list. I only have one built at present, but there are two more waiting in the wings.


Then came the 'pièce de résistance'. An Adeptus Mechanicus specific kit, I found it lurking away from the other terrain in my local GW store. It is an absolute beauty, and makes an awesome centrepiece. The fact it cost less than the Armoured Crates was a bonus.


So that is the collection so far. All lacking a bit of paint, but that will come – I'm very much looking forward to getting some colour on this lot and creating an awesome gaming environment in which to play Kill Team.



Stay tuned for more Kill Team!

8 comments:

  1. Great to see some larger pictures, it really does look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And another joins the cult! Watch out, dude, the Sector Mechanicus Terrain is addictive. Such amazing stuff. If you want some more ideas for it, check out https://twitter.com/RayDranfield and https://www.instagram.com/the_kit_basher/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the links – awesome stuff being done with these kits, lots of cool ideas. Don't think my wife will be thanking you, lol!

      Delete
  3. Looks like an excellent gaming table this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It not cheap but it will look pretty awesome when painted up. Will be trying a DIY version next.

      Delete
  4. Looks awesome! I've been bitten by that same bug, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would seem things are getting worse – I bought some more!

      Delete