27 November 2015

New Butcher Team Additions



Not wanting to be out-resourced by Bull with his fully fledged Masons team, I picked up the two remaining Butcher models that I've had my eye on.


Shank had been an advised addition – thank you Doc Bungle (go read his GB team talks!) – and when looked at again it made sense to add him to the roster. I love the fact he has a 2" melee range and lots of lovely special rules. Given the bulk that my Butcher's team already has, anyone who is mobile and retains a deadly streak is a welcome addition.



Tenderiser is the first of the Butcher's Season 2 models. Aside from the fact that he is a goalkeeper (my favourite position on-field in any sport) the model pose is simply stunning. Regardless of rules there was no way I was passing on this guy. Any model that is posed so that no part of him touches the base – airborne! – is a must. Plus he looks like a horror movie bad guy.

Image from Cool Mini Or Not

Could this be the coolest model ever?

That pose would be wonderful as an Ork Warboss or Khorne Bezerker.

Now I just need to build and paint this team – sounds like a Christmas project to me!




4 comments:

  1. And then there was the crowd chanting ..... "He fell over, he fell over". I just love him to bits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that weapon is good for smashing stone masons ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh my, look at these beauties! Not sure I'd trust my thick fingers with that chain though. Now haven't you been told before about buying miniatures just before Christmas. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very confident my family won't be buying models for me – they never do – so I get to buy them myself :D

      Delete