Saturday, 3 May 2014

Paint Table Saturday: 3rd May


This is my first Paint Table Saturday contribution, which is really rather sad. For someone who prides himself on nicely painted models, I haven't painted anything in what seems forever. In reality I did paint some Nurgle Blood Bowl a few weeks ago, but nothing quite as dedicated as this.


So here is my makeshift painting table – trying not to spill paint on my keyboard. I've got a handful of models from my new side project currently being looked at. You will have already seen the initial progress on both the Forest Rangers and the Crusaders on Foot – now we actually have some colour!


The first couple of Crusaders have now had some more colour added from my previous post. I used my lovely P3 Coal Black, mixed with Army Painter Matt Black as the basis for the clothes, helmets and shield. This has a couple of crude highlights by adding Grey to the mix. Their skin had my classic GW treatment – basecoat of Vermin Brown followed by a couple of highlights adding Bleached Bone to the mix. A final highlight of pure BB finished it off. It still needs a wash to blend it all together but not too shabby so far. Leggings have had a basecoat of P3 Cryx Bane Base – a lovely green/grey – but that's about it.


The first couple of Rangers have had a remarkable amount of attention so far on their cloaks alone. I've had real fun getting my mojo back with several layers of very thin paint, followed by a wash to knock things back and start the process again.

I started with a Loren Forest/Matt Black mix, followed by a few thin layers of pure Loren Forest. A wash of Athonian Camoshade later, I went back to the Loren Forest before moving on to Army Painter's Army Green as highlights.


Happy with these first two 'test' cloaks I moved on to something a little different. This mysterious maiden is having the similar treatment to the Rangers, but I'm trying to be a lot more subtle with my highlights. At the moment I'm about halfway – it looks good to the naked eye but doesn't show up so well on the phone camera.

I've also dug out my gaming board from the attic – who knows what madness may ensue this afternoon!

For more painting table goodness, visit Sofie's Paint Blog.




6 comments:

  1. That's very nice work on the cloaks Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice my good man, loving the cloak work. I see you too are a fan of the Gu chocolate puddings! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good spot sir. They do make excellent containers for water and pva.

      Delete
  3. Very nice looking figures so far. Love the Ranger figs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon – more coming soon.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...