19 October 2015

The Russian Bots Are Back

A quick look over the blog stats these last couple of weeks has pointed to the fact that the Bots are back – the blog getting double the number of hits it would normally. It's a bit niggly given that I'm interested to see how the stats hold up while I'm in hobby purgatory. Not to worry – building work on the house is coming to an end so next month should see hobby time kick off again (to some degree at least).


Talking of Russia and Bots I came across this Kickstarter recently. Although I've been aware of Pulp City for ages, I only downloaded some rules last week. I found them rather interesting so when a related Kickstarter appeared I was very interested. Alas an opening pledge level of $95 is too rich for me, given that I'm not that emotionally invested in the game yet.

Some great looking minis in there, but not sure that having a game based around the cold war is particularly prudent at the minute, given how tense things are between East and West over Syria.



Amongst other things on my radar this week – the Raging Heroes Light & Darkness Kickstarter. This finished some time ago but you are still (somehow) able to pledge via Paypal. I saw this when it launched and as much as I love what RH are doing, I don't really have a use for their models. I'd love to say I'd paint them one day but if I'm honest they'll sit in a box for a couple of years then find their way to Ebay. However, after seeing the sculpts of their range of hero nuns – yes Hero Nuns! – I was nearly swayed to part with some cash… nearly. These Daughters of the Crucible are stunning models, if sort of twisted. Mind you this whole Kickstarter is twisted so they fit in well with the theme.





I'm sure if pushed I could find a use for these models, but cash is too short for such extravagance.

Back to the rule-writing!


2 comments:

  1. I am thinking that you will be hankering to get at those paints. You should contemplate a really cool model to be your first after such a lengthy break from it. It will inspire you. You might even have something in mind already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I like the sisters...the dark elves they are doing are just !$(&)!$()@! wow.

    ReplyDelete