Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Seek and you will find!

 

I know I still have loads to paint, and a waiting/wish list as long as my arm, but I couldn't resist having a look through the attic for some more potential Blood Angel army additions.

First up was these long-OOP scouts, who were painted up (kind of) as part of my first Dark Templar army. The faces were done by a pro-painter friend of mine the night before a tournament, but they have been stuck in a box for almost 8 years. I can't think of any models more deserving to be in a Blood Angels army than these!



I also found the remnants of a Landspeeder, used and abused when I built my custom Dark Templar speeders (to be seen at a later date). Not all the bits are there, but it does create a nice modelling challenge, and it's a shame to let it go to waste or buy a brand new one.

Finally, whilst talking of brand new, I thought I'd add a pic of my new drop pod. I realise that building the whole thing in one go will no doubt cause a headache further down the painting line, but I just wanted to get a handle on the model given it's my first pod. I can learn from any painting issues when I build my next one.

Got some painting time ahead of me, then I'll do an end of month review on Sunday if I can find time.

4 comments:

  1. I have about ten of those old scouts floating around. I still think they are nifty models, and I agree they would be great in a BA army.

    -Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember images of them from Advanced Space Crusade painted up as Blood Angels and Ultramarines – looking forward to giving them a makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. am I correct in thinking those scouts are plastic? They're amazing. I've never seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, not plastic, they're not even white metal, they're lead!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...