Tuesday, 26 May 2015

Dark Days and Killer Bots



I'll be honest, these spambots are killing me. I'm getting so many now that it's pretty much destroyed any chance of me following how many legitimate visits the blog is getting. It's also skewing my 'favourite posts' list as they hit the same blog posts many times, forcing them into the top 10. Needless to say my enthusiasm has taken a hit too as a consequence!

May is turning out to be a lean month for blog posts from me, in spite of killer bots. It's not that hobby things aren't being done… I just can't talk about them. Secrets within secrets.

In addition, we're having some major work done on the house over the summer and I'm in the process of emptying the garage. This has provided the perfect opportunity to assess each box, bag, blister, sprue and case in my collection and decide whether it really is worth hanging on to or whether the space would be better used for something else (new).



Needless to say, I'm offloading a load of stuff on ebay over the next few weeks. This cull is so brutal that even my large Iron Warriors collection came within a whisker of finding itself for sale… but I just couldn't do it. As much as I have no interest in 40k right now (I don't see how I ever will again), there's too much history associated with some of those models.

Some of my Zombicide kickstarter stuff is already gone and there will be a heap of 40k, Malifaux and random bits going up this weekend. It sounds drastic, but I haven't looked at this gear for years so would rather recycle and use the cash for new shiny things.

The models that have managed to stay are getting new storage cases/boxes so that everything will be snug and well protected. I've found too many casualties already and don't want a repeat.

So what does this mean for the blog?

Not a lot really. I'm hoping that I can reveal some major secret stuff very soon. The latter half of June should see a more regular gaming night so hopefully there should be more game reports and characterful posting like our Blood Bowl spell a year ago.


In the mean time I'm teaching Jnr the power of the Dark Side…



9 comments:

  1. Ug bots. I don't get much on FYN, but in my actual job, they flood the comment/contact sheets like mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a pain, and I don't honestly see the point of them.

      Delete
  2. Cut deep mate. It's the best way. I have moved SO much stuff over the years and rarely miss it once its gone (except for the occasional "That would have been cool for the bits box").

    Otherwise it just sits there taunting you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like good advice, thanks :)

      Delete
  3. Yes I'm still getting hit hard by the bots myself and they are screwing with my favorite posts list too! But this blog as I know yours is a chronicle of our current gaming interests so the bots can't stop us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just for a minute then I thought you were going to say that you had invested in the new Terminator game! The dreaded bots have certainly plagued me over the years, but seem to come in waves - peacefully quite at the moment. I have to confess I was looking at my Zombicide stuff the other day and wondering if I will ever use it - still hopeful that I may get a few more interested over the summer holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did look at the Terminator stuff but I think the models are poor, so it put me off.

      I think this is the issue with Kickstarter – when you pledge, you're usually very enthusiastic about the project (as I was with Zombicide), but then when it finally arrives I'm kind of over it a bit and on to the next thing.

      Delete
  5. Dito on the spam bots on our blog! As for clearance of models just be careful to not clear stuff out you might come back to! I cleared Necromunda and Bloodbowl out but totally regret it. I now play Necromunda again and love the idea of bloodbowl again sometimes this hobby is cyclical.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...