Monday, 8 December 2014

This Week…

With baby due-date now passed we're at defcon one, maximum readiness, trying to wait patiently for things to kick-off. Edge of the seat stuff to be sure.


Hobby time is in rather short supply, but I remain optimistic. I've been grabbing a few minutes here and there on Warlords of Draenor – the latest Warcraft expansion. It's not terribly stimulating compared to previous expansions but I can jump in for a few minutes here and there during the day, which the analogue hobby doesn't really allow.


Speaking of which, I finally have some fresh Liquid Poly (took a week to arrive!) so I can get on with Castle building in the evenings. This is heading towards a photo or two of the whole castle kit together, with miniatures, so you can see what the finished thing looks like up close and dirty (and I can see if it fits on my gaming board!).


I also purchased a box of Conquest's plastic Norman Infantry for the project, so there will no doubt be a review of that later on. I already have a host of metal Normans waiting to be converted and painted to fit my gaming scenario, but I do love a bit of plastic so felt I needed to try these out.


Good luck to everyone taking part in this year's painting challenge. I look forward to seeing results and blog posts over the coming weeks. I'd love to enter this one year…


To be continued…


7 comments:

  1. Ahhh, so you're a WoW player on the side. I used to play on the RP server 'Darkmoon Faire' (at least, I think that's what it was called?). I had moved over to WoW from Guild Wars (the original game, not the shite they call 'Guild wars 2') and most of my guild followed suit. We had some fun years on WoW, but I left not long after the intro of the werewolves expansion.

    I did love my dwarven cleric, though - oh, and my blood elf death knight.

    The problem I have these days is not so much time, but finances. Can't really justify forking out monthly for a game when so many 'free-to-play' games are out there. If WoW went the freebie route, I'd be back like a shot, but not otherwise.

    Sad really, as with Guild wars, I have some great memories of fun times and running with some great people. Maybe, just maybe, one day you and I might meet in some online MMO or other. Who knows, eh? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WoW is certainly expensive to play – especially since they've just put their prices up. If it was an Xbox title that you could just stick on whenever it would be great to play, but it's all getting a bit repetitive now to warrant the expense. If you played through the Northrend expansion you've probably seen the best of things.

      Delete
  2. PS: grats on the upcoming baby arrival :) Hope you bless it with an amazing name. Good luck to you and your other half. Wishing you both the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed for the imminent arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck for a happy and safe family expansion!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...