Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Non-Hobby Madness in Manchester


So for the bulk of this week I am not in Folkestone, or indeed Kent. It is the time of the year that myself and a colleague have to travel up the motorway to Manchester to install an exhibition stand at the GMEX… er, sorry, Manchester Central (or whatever it's called nowadays).

The downside to this is that it's an awful trip – 6hrs in a van starting out at 6am then spend another 6 hours putting up an exhibition stand; sit on your backside for 36 hours then take down the stand and drive back to Kent. It wouldn't be so bad if I could bring some models to paint but it's just not practical.


On the upside I get to see my family, who are scattered around the area. By pure chance my mum is looking after my 2 year old nephew at the same time I am up here so I've spent this morning playing trains, reading the Gruffalo and splashing in puddles (while my nephew is out at the park :D).

Normal service will resume next week.

6 comments:

  1. Good to see the family but mindless boredom is a pain, see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been great seeing everyone, and I brought my gaming rulebooks and the iPad to try and stay occupied - I'll struggle through no doubt ;)

      Delete
  2. The long drive aside, you got to play with your nephew in rain puddles and tha's no too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been quite a bonus - haven't seen him for nearly a year - and we got to practice our splashing technique for maximum effect. Not sure his mum will be impressed though.

      Delete
  3. Who is this creature with knobbly knees and turned-out toes and a poisonous wart at the end of his nose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, not sure who enjoyed it more - me or him!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...